Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten


Since we think we will be in Bakersfield for a while with Johnny's job we took a chance and had Daniel start kindergarten yesterday. We were both so excited and so ready for him to go to school. He had a smile on his face all day and insisted on riding the bus to and from school. The bus, of course, missed him and we had to catch it at another stop on the opposite side of the street. He didn't hesitate to jump right on, but was frustrated they made him sit in the front instead of letting him go to the back. He also didn't want to wear the sticker with his name and bus information. Poor Jaxon wanted to ride the bus with Daniel and seemed a little lost all day without his big brother.

We followed the bus to school and met up with Daniel outside. He was very calm and didn't look back AT ALL when I dropped him off at class. I didn't cry but couldn't help feeling a little sad that he was so big. Of course I was more proud of him than anything and excited for this new part of his life.

Johnny gave him a Father's Blessing on Sunday which of course was the first of many. I think it was a special day for both Daniel and Johnny.

No comments: