Friday, October 14, 2011

1st School Carnival = Bankrupt in One Night!

(Picture disclaimer: Mom with 4 kids and a new phone = only 1 picture on the camera and a phone full of pictures I can't figure out how to access!)

Tonight was the Harvest Festival at Daniel's school. The boys were very excited and Daniel was so proud to bring in soda bottles and a cake to contribute to the event. Little did I know that school carnival fundraisers were so expensive! Between game tickets, face painting, bounce house wrist bands, dinner and shaved ice, pony rides, the silent auction, and of course the raffle, we left feeling a little light in the wallet. I even had Johnny return the two bags of kettle corn he bought. Is that terrible? My mother the health inspector would not be happy the people took the unopened bags back and resold them! Overall it was a great time except for the swarms of pincher bugs literally falling from the trees all over our heads.

The best and worst moment of the night had to be when we lost Jaxon. One second he went in the bounce house obstical course and the next he was gone. The first 30 seconds or so I was practical about it. Daniel and I re-checked the area with no luck. Then it escalated to frantically calling his name and checking to see if he found Johnny. Next my heart sank from my chest only to rise back up when I saw him across the field. The silly boy thought I would leave without him so he went to find me. When I first found him he didn't see me but I could tell he was looking. When he finally realized I had found him he burst into huge gushing tears. My own tears spilled out as I reassured him I would always find him, no matter what! It was the longest 90 seconds of my life!

No comments: