Wesley turned 2 in August and in my family that means it is time for his 2 year picture. This very important picture is a tradition that was started when my father was a child. My Granny has the picture made into 3 identical large oil paintings. Each generation gets one of the paintings. The picture rules are: it has to be classic, Victorian, timeless, no teeth showing when they smile, etc. We had to have 3 photo sessions done with Daniel to get his right. Jaxon was easier because I knew what we needed. Wesley was perfect. He sat perfectly still the entire time as if someone had hit the pause button. What do you think?


Not the outfit most people would think of, but my Granny has dreams about what they need to wear, and of course, she gets her way when it comes to these pictures. Satin bow and all!
Garrett was more challenging. He had a huge blow out in his blessing outfit right as they started to take pictures. Of course, I only had two wipies left in the diaper bag that didn't do the trick, so I finished with the burp cloth and threw it away. I was determined to push through so I put him in the next outfit, picked him up, and he promptly hurled in my shoe. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
The kind photographer blessed me with some paper towels and we kept on going. Worth it? Yes!

Look at those dimples! Just as amazing as his daddy's!
After being there for 3 1/2 hours we left with cute pictures and a very tired group. Jaxon promptly threw up once we got home. Probably due to the candy bribes. Or maybe the crayons I caught him eating when he was supposed to be coloring? Most likely both!





2 comments:
Absolutely adorable! What a treasure to have these sweet pictures.
The pics are super cute--so I guess it was worth it!
Post a Comment