Monday, October 31, 2011

Taylor Swift


A few months ago my amazing cousin got me tickets to the Ellen DeGeners Mother's Day Giveaway show. It was awesome, but some of the stuff I already had. Some things I gave away, others I kept, and some I sold. I sold my Britax stroller and car seat as well as my Go Gaga Diaper bag. I talked to Johnny about what to do with the money since I had not earned it and I felt it would be kind of an insult to the gift my cousin had given me if I used it to pay bills. So, we decided I needed to use it to do something I would not ever have the change to do again.
On October 21st I flew to Phoenix leaving Johnny with Daniel, Jaxon, and Wesley for the weekend. I took baby Garrett with me since he is still nursing (despite getting his 1st tooth at barley 4 months old). I spent the weekend with two of my best friends in the world Ashley Huber and Janelle Schmitz. We went to Cheesecake Factory and to the Taylor Swift Speak Now concert. I love Taylor Swift! I thought since I had built this weekend up in my mind for so long that I might have been a little let down, but that was not the case. It was AMAZING! Totally and completely awesome.
Halfway through the concert she moved from the main stage to a glowing, rotating tree in the back of the arena to sing a few songs with just her guitar. She closed the concert flying over the arena on a small balcony. She even sang one sing with Jimmy Eat World and a new song "Ours" I had never heard before. It was a great night with great friends.

Sunday afternoon Johnny sent me a text message to have fun and take as much time as I needed to get home because once I got home I was never leaving again! haha

2 comments:

Heather said...

So fun! I love that you got to get away for a MUCH needed girl's trip. And Johnny's comment? Classic. :)

Janelle said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! Thank you Melody for everything!! I will pray for you and your situation with moving. Miss you already!