Monday, February 6, 2012

I used to love Jell-o!

Jell-o and I were friends once. I love the way it smells when you first put the hot water in the mix. Too bad it is not as exciting when it is all you get to eat. Jell-o, water, broth, Crystal Lite, protein powder mix...blah! I love food, which is obviously why I need to lose weight! But, this liquid diet is not exciting at all! When sugar free Popsicles are the highlight of your day you know your diet is BORING!

Five days of liquid diet before surgery and two weeks after. I was told after surgery I won't be interested in eating anyway so it won't matter as much. Its kind of ironic that I spend so much time worrying about what Jaxon eats that I never paid enough attention to what I was eating. My 23 page post-op guide has made sure that I will now pay attention to what I eat.

The side effect? I am constantly in the bathroom. I even had to stop the dentist today at my appointment so I could run to the bathroom! How embarrassing!

I'm still not nervous. I get more and more excited every day! Yeah for Friday! Is it sad that one of the things I am looking forward to is quiet time? Only a mother could understand how I miss silence! During the first few recovery days I'm going to read all day without feeling guilty and watch movies that are not G rated! Johnny and I will actually have some significant time alone together and will talk without a constant "mommy, mommy, mommy" chant in the background. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids for a few days. You have no idea how much it means to us.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh good luck Melody! And enjoy that quiet time. Sad that the only quiet time we get is due to surgery, (mine being the c-section for Rhett).

Kristin said...

Good luck. I will be praying for you.

Megan said...

Good luck! So excited and happy for you. Hopefully you will have a chance to post pics and give updates.