Sunday, February 19, 2012

One Good Day

Saturday was a good day! It was nothing too out of the ordinary, just a really good day! It was the kind of day that makes all the other frustrating days worth it!

I started out by putting on a pair of jeans I could not even have dreamed of getting into a week ago. I'm already down over one whole pant size! Yeah. Then we left the kids with a sitter to go do our taxes. I used to do them myself but they are much more complicated now. We are getting an awesome return! Thank you my sweet little tax credits named Daniel, Jaxon, Wesley, and Garrett! Booya!

Next we crashed a birthday party in Pasadena! My sister's daughter goes to day care and they were having a party for one of the little boys who goes with her. We were invited to come along and we were glad we did! There was a petting zoo, face and body painting, Pony rides, a candy table with bags to fill, a jump house, BBQ, etc. It was great free fun.

From that party we took off to mini golf with my family for my belated birthday celebration. Garrett slept in the carrier while we golfed. We had to keep reminding Johnny not to bend over while golfing. Luckily Garrett was strapped in!
Can you tell that my boys had a good time?

Jaxon accidentally clubed my mom on the forehead on the 5th hole. He has a wicked backswing! Luckily he had the only club with a rubber end. He still hit her hard enough to leave the outline of the club. She was a little dizzy for a few minutes but as soon as we suggested she skip the hole and take the par she was magically well enough to play the hole for herself. Did I mention there was a prize for the winner?

When I was little my Boompa (with his thick mustache) would pay us a nickle to nibble our ears. As we got older we would charge him more. Now my dad does it to my boys and they die laughing! After mini golf my dad was tickling the boys, but when it was June's turn she was not too excited!
It was a quiet ride home which I thought was due to the boys sleeping in the back of the car. Wesley and Garrett slept but the other two were eating bags of candy from the candy bar at the first party we attended. They had tummy aches and went to bed early without a fight. Glory be!

Johnny and I watched a movie and went to bed with big smiles on our faces. It was a great day and I'm sure there are many more to come!

No comments: