Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My First Tag

I just got my first tag, you're next.



Remember when blogs first hit the scene?
Everybody tagged everybody.
Husband questions.
Birth story questions.
Then it got old &
Facebook was better.

Tag is back.
I'm it.
And you're next.

[if you're not into it,
I'm not offended.]

Here are the rules of the challenge:
1 - You must post the rules.
2 - Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3 - Answer the eleven questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4 - Create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
5 - Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
6 - Let them know you've tagged them!
(you copy and paste this on your blog)


Melody's 11 fun facts:

[1] Johnny teases me every day about wearing sandals. I wear them rain
or shine. The only time I wear actual shoes is exercising or for something
like hiking. I even hit theme parks in sandals. I don't like the feeling of my
toe nails touching the front of my shoes when I do wear them, so I cut my
toe nails way too short and get scolded every time I have a pedicure.
[2] I put on makeup almost every single morning and I blow dry my hair
every day unless I'm sick.
[3] When I'm sick I will take a shower as frequently as I can for as long
as I can! (which is difficult in our trailer with our rinky dink tiny water tank)
A terrible waste of water. I know! Then I get in my bathrobe and go to sleep
with my hair still in a towel (hence the no blow drying while I'm sick). I wake
up looking like Medusa and do it all over again.
[4] I love ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. Just like my dad.
[5] I am allergic to bath oils, scented deodorant, scented fabric softener, and
makeup (luckily everything now is hypoallergenic). I break out in hives.
[6] I rarely ever drink soda. I never touch any dark colored soda. Gross!
When I was in high school I was addicted to Mtn. Dew. I realized I was
addicted to it and cut it out completely.
[7] I love to read. I'm like my mom when it comes to reading. I will stay up
half the night reading and suffer the next day from lack of sleep. Even if the
book is not that great I will keep on reading
[8] I was a terrible little liar when I was in elementary and middle school. It
was a phase.
[9] I am very particular about baby names. My naming rules are: No rhyming.
No starting or ending with the same letter as another one of my kid's names.
No clever alternate words with their initials. I require meaning, family connection,
and it has to work for both a child and an adult.
[10] I hate wearing a bra! Sometimes I will unstrap it while I drive then forget to
fix it when I arrive.
[11] I twiddle my thumbs. All. The. Time.
(you put 11 funny things about yourself)

Emily's 11 Questions:
[1] What was your favorite food when you were a kid?
Ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. Same as now. Oh, and brownies too!
[2] When you've got 30 mins. with nothing to do, what do you do?
Read, check FB or post on my blog.
[3] When was the last time you were nervous?
Right now. Johnny has a big meeting about work tomorrow. If he is sent
somewhere else so soon I will have the boys by myself until the end of
the school year. Three months of taking care of my 4 ruffians all alone
living in a travel trailer. The thought terrifies me.
[4]Which song do you wish was on the radio every time
you get in your car?
Taylor Swift Love Story
[5]What's the first thing you bought with your own money?
Big thing? My car. My parents provided two cars for me in high school.
An old VW Bug and a 69 Civic Hatchback we called Lambert. One was
always broke down so I switched off. When we sold the VW I used the
money to buy a little red car. I don't even remember the kind of car it was.
My boyfriend told me it was a good car and I trusted him. Big Mistake!
It overheated on the way home. Biggest Money Pit EVER!
Then I financed a Hyundai Accent and LOVED it!
[6]Do you have a friend you think is a BFF, but they probably
don't think you're their's?
I consider Ashley Huber and Janelle Schmitz my best friends. They're so
different but both amazing. When I'm with Ash I can't help but want to be
a better person. She is awesome and inspires everyone around her to live a
better life. She is a so sweet, considerate, and nice to everyone. When I'm
with Janelle I laugh and laugh and I know she will always give me an honest
opinion even if it hurts. She goes out of her way to help others and is a true
example of a righteous woman. She has known I was prego two out of four
times before my husband. I try to be a long term friend, not the kind of friend
that hops from one person to the next changing friends like underwear. I
consider too many wonderful women to be my great friends to be offended
if someone doesn't consider me their BFF. I would want them to have
many friends too. I would rather have many great friends than only one.
[7] What's the nicest thing somebody did for you last week?
Asked Jaxon over to play with their son. Twice. Ooooo that boy may be
the death of me. He is stubborn as an ox and as sweet as honey with those
blue eyes and melt your heart dimples!
[8] Is there a story your family always tells about you,
and it bugs you?
Not really. Well I did semi hook up with my step cousin one Christmas
in middle school. We would run off to hide and kiss every chance we
got. Hormones. Embarrassing!! Especially when he came to visit a few
months ago. Thanks Diana for spilling to the fam!
[9] When someone whines about their life, how do you stay happy?
Tell them it could always be worse...they could live in a 32' travel trailer.
Then I wait to see the look on their face when they realize that I actually
live in a travel trailer with 5 boys! Then I laugh. "If all our troubles were
hung on the line, you'd take yours and I'd take mine!" (Don't know who
originally said that but I love it)
[10] What makes you the happiest, really?
Johnny. Without a doubt. I LOVE THAT MAN! He is seriously the
best husband and father anyone could ask for. He is genuine. He is
caring and patient. He works hard. He is a great example to me. He
even does the dishes and bathes the kids! He is my everything. Every
time I look at one of our boys I see Johnny in them and I love them
all the more. It also doesn't hurt that his butt looks amazing when he is
wearing his tool belt.
[11] What do you wish you did better, you just can't seem to?
Wow, this post is already too long. I'll just put my #1.
I need to be more patient with my kids!
(you answer these, then make up 11 for your people)

My questions for you:
1- What disgusting or bad habit do you have?
2- Nickname?
3- Best discipline technique with your kids?
4- If you had a whole day to spend by yourself, what would you do?
5- Favorite smell?
6- First kiss story?
7- If you could change one thing (about you, the world, your family)
what would it be?
8- Favorite book & why?
9- Embarrassing moment?
10- What is your daily routine?
11- What in life gives you the most fulfillment?

People I tag: Anyone who loos at my blog and wants to take the time to do this silly self assessment.


2 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

Soooo happy you did it! I loved reading all of your answers and I even guessed a few before I read them! Fun!! Thx for doing it! Your blog is a personal fav of mine! :]

Janelle said...

Love it Melody! Thanks for posting!