Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Surgery - I survived!


We're home now. I'm sore, but not in pain. The surgery was short but recovery is hard. Luckily I have not thrown-up since the first night. Johnny gave me a blessing and I have not dry heaved since. The other people I met who had the same surgery were still dry heaving three days later! I truly believe in the power of prayer and I know mine were answered!
Here is Johnny waiting as I walked into surgery. He is trying to defend himself eating an entire package of Chips Ahoy cookies while I was having weight loss surgery! Of course this was after the bag of Doritos. If you know Johnny he is saying "it was FREE" from the staff room!

I started feeling a lot better once they removed the drain from my tummy. The x-ray of my tiny stomach is crazy! I can only drink about 1/4 cup at a time and that takes me about 20-30 minutes! I am already down 10 pounds! Really I have no desire for anything. I am just trying to stay hydrated. I am home resting and walking to help my recovery. Johnny is off work to care for me and the boys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my man!

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts on my behalf. I appreciate the love and support.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Johnny! That is hilarious, little stinker. :)

I am so glad you are feeling well and woohoo for 10 pounds gone forever!! You are both amazing. Take it easy.

Kristin said...

Glad surgery went well-- hope the recovery continues to go smoothly.

matt and lex said...

Thanks for the update ;) I can't wait to see your progress in the weeks to come!

AZ Larsens said...

Yay!! And oh my goodness...before I even read the description I started laughing and said to myself, "He is NOT eating Chips Ahoy while she is having weight loss surgery!!" That is too funny!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Johnny kills me! Hilarious. Glad you are recovering well.