Saturday morning I met a group of friends and my sister and her husband for the hike. We had a late start and it was hot. I forgot to eat because I was busy getting the kids all ready and Johnny was at a training class. I grabbed one bite of eggs as I ran out the door. It was hot and I was carrying a 25lb baby on my back. I made it almost 2 miles up before I felt like I was on empty. It was such a strange feeling. I had nothing for my body to run on, and we ran out of water. The water was in the bottom of the stroller, which was swiftly pushed up the mountain by my brother-in-law Kevin, flip flops and all. My poor sister Jeanine was carrying her baby Tobin on her chest and for about a half mile, Garrett on her back because I was so weak!
A quick call to Kevin and he came back for us. After eating some high protein snacks and sitting in the shade for a while I felt great and we went back down. All in all I did 4/5 miles, but still feel like it bested me. I hate feeling bested by a stinkin trail! We are going to do it again this week so I can overcome my current feeling of hatred for that trail!
Its a strange thing to relearn how my body works. Because of the type of surgery I had (a Vertical Gastric Sleeve) the hormone produced by my stomach to tell my brain I am hungry is gone. I have to eat on a schedule or I forget to eat at all. I think I have learned my lesson and won't forget anymore.
But, I have lost 60 pounds in 2 1/2 months so I am not at all disappointed with the results thus far...especially when I slipped on a skirt without even unzipping it for church today. I couldn't have dreamed of stuffing myself into that skirt 3 months ago.


1 comment:
I am so proud of you and so happy for you! I bet you feel amazing. I miss that sore feeling too after a good workout, I haven't exercised since I got pregnant with Rhett. Way past time for me to kick it up! Can't wait to see you! If you are ever in Mesa, please call me, we are moving back there tomorrow.
Post a Comment