Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Walking

We have been literally walking off some pounds the last few weeks. Monday we went on our second 6 mile hike. I think Johnny burned more calories than I did this time...carrying half our offspring on his back!
For some reason the climb at the end was much more difficult this trip. Is it supposed to get harder before it gets easier? Next week we are going to try a five mile climb up a mountain in Claremont, CA. We leave early in the morning and get back in time to drop Daniel off at Kindergarten (he is on a late morning schedule). I thought the walking would exhaust him but actually he seems to have more energy, as do we all. I am signed up to do the 5K Mach One Mud Run in Corona, CA the beginning of June. Anyone want to sign up to do the Jurassic Classic Mud Run in Hemet with me on May 19th? I need a buddy!

No comments: