Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Midgets

We were running into Target for two quick things the other day when we saw a dwarf aka midget walking in with a group of friends. To preempt any rude comments my boys might make when we saw her in the store I explained to my boys why she was small and made sure they understood that everyone is different and it was not something to make fun of or make rude comments about. Boy did that backfire!

Apparently the word midget is just as funny to little boys as the words pee and poo. They started chanting "midget, midget, midget" and giggling every time. As the chanting grew louder and my boys became more wild I became more and more embarrassed. I knew this woman was somewhere in the store and despite my best efforts to quiet my heathens they would not stop.

Luckily it was a quick trip and we never ran into her in the store. No doubt she probably heard us across the store, but I can secretly hope and pray she didn't.

1 comment:

AZ Larsens said...

Oh good, it's not just my boys that do these kinds of things. :)