I am so sad! Jaxon has been puking on and off for the last few weeks. It happens very suddenly. He eats like normal, says his tummy hurts, vomits, then goes on like nothing happened. Of course he makes a point to throw up in the swimming pool or on whatever rug I have most recently pulled out of the dryer. I know he can't help it. He just can't seem to make it to a toilet! I think it is a reaction to eggs. We added eggs last and he loves them. He has been eating hard boiled eggs almost every morning. Poor kid, I dread telling him he can't have eggs any more.
We have a consultation with Rady Children's Hospital GI next week. Of course they are going to tell me he needs to have an endoscopy. I am so frustrated I could cry every time I think about it. When I ask him how he's feeling he will consistently tell me his tummy is hurting, not his throat. I know this is sad, but I was secretly hoping my other kids would start vomiting so I could write it off as a stomach bug. How deranged is that? To actually wish my other kids would be sick so it would mean Jaxon was not having an EE reaction. Ugh! Now we get to wait and see what the scope results will be. I just want him to be all better. I let myself believe he was all better. It is hard to know he is not feeling well all the time. As an added bonus we get to pay thousands of dollars for him to be scoped again!
I am a whiner. So many other kids with this condition have a much harder time than Jaxon. We really have been blessed that he has done so well with his previous food trials.
12 years ago


2 comments:
i was SOOOOOO glad when Brent started vomiting 2 days after Maizy's blueberry incident! It was a stomach bug and not the food!!! I totally understand! I would rather have a house full of sick people then a kid that can't eat eggs! :( hang in there! You're amazing!
So sorry to hear about this :( Be strong, think of everything you have been through with EE. You got this!
Post a Comment