Jaxon turned 6 on the 19th of June. I know I already posted about his party, but his birthday was too full of "fun" to not record it here.
On the 19th we went to the Idyllwild Nature Center for a short hike and picnic lunch with a group of moms from church. My friend (the mother of Jaxon's best friend from school) and her son came too but we didn't drive together. Jaxon wanted to ride with his friend and both of the boys were so excited to spend the day together.
Side note: Now recently Jaxon has been having poop "accidents" multiple times per day - this being significant because he is scared to poop, he says it hurts so he refuses to actually sit on the toilet. He holds it until he just can't any longer then only a little comes out and gets on his underwear, he smells disgusting, we clean it, I am frustrated, etc. When I say multiple times per day I mean 5-6! The pediatrician is not convinced it is EE related, maybe just a normal 6 year old kid thing to have to work through, but it may be contributing to his random vomiting, or so she says. So here is the important part, I gave him a dose of what Johnny calls MOM (Milk of Magnesia) before we left the house thinking it would help.
Half way up the mountain to Idyllwild I get a call from my friend stating Jaxon vomited all over the back of her car. We pull off the side of the mountain road to clean the mess and I say a silent prayer of thanks I had a full package of wet wipes on hand. It was a rough one! I think it was car sickness, maybe a mix of that and the MOM. Maybe EE? Who knows. We spend a half hour cleaning car seats, changing clothes, and laughing hysterically because of the situation. Luckily my friend was in a laughing mood! While we are cleaning up vomit Wesley pees his pants. Of course!
The hike was lovely but not peaceful (I have 4 boys). Most of the time I was telling them to stop and come back or "drop the stick!"
Don't you just love how Jaxon and Wesley are styling in their "emergency bag" clothes?!
Do you see Garrett sneaking off? Then Jaxon trying to stop him? Too funny!
Garrett just loved this tree...isn't he so stinking cute?!
After the hike we all enjoyed lunch and some of my fresh batch of APRICOT FRUIT LEATHER! Do you know what apricot fruit leather does to bowel functions? Especially after a fresh dose of MOM??!!! In case you don't know, let me tell you!
For Jaxon's birthday he wanted to make a bear at Build-a-Bear so after dinner at Red Robin I took him on an outing, just the two of us.
No need for a diaper bag of course! I didn't have my baby with me! The smell of poop surrounded me halfway through the mall. We rushed to a family bathroom. It was everywhere! No amount of paper towels and garbage bags could save us. I didn't know what else to do but leave my poor, naked birthday boy locked in the family bathroom stall with strict instructions about never opening the door for anyone but me. I had to buy him some new clothes. Luckily Children's Place was close and I had a coupon!
In the end he was happy, clean, and had a camouflage bear in an Iron Man suite. At that point I was in no mood to take a picture! 6th birthday success!
12 years ago








2 comments:
Oh Melody! The fact that you continue trucking through all these "lovely" events is inspiring. Bless your mommy heart! I wish you were here so I could learn from your patient ways.
Melody I cannot stop laughing. You are such a trooper! Seriously, I don't think I would leave the house for a month after that outing. :)
Post a Comment