Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pirate Party

Today my baby turned 2. This morning I told Johnny how strange it is to have a two year old and not have a new baby or not be prego. He got a very scared look on his face and wanted assurance that I was not wanting another baby any time soon. Ha!

Since Jaxon will turn 6 on Wednesday we celebrated Jaxon and Garrett's birthdays with a Pirate Pool Party at my parent's house. I made the mistake of letting Jaxon hand out invitations at school, church, baseball, and  playgroup. I had no idea who actually was invited or not. No one RSVPs any more! My sister's and cousins all attended as well as some of Jaxon's friends from church and school. His amazing teacher Mrs. Moreno and her son also came. It was such a great time!


 Johnny wanted me to make the cake myself since he is not a fan of store bought. I opted for a treasure chest and I think it turned out really well. I stuffed the middle of the layers with cream cheese and strawberries to make it more adult friendly. And, thank you Pintrest for watermelon pirate carving ideas!

We played  the usual game of how many people can you cram in one jacuzzi!
Jaxon loved having his best friend Elijah and his teacher's son Lucas come over to celebrate.




Garrett will now either scrunch his nose or close his eyes for pictures. This is as good as it gets for now!

Jaxon has been talking about going to Build-a-bear for weeks now so we will take him on his birthday and go to Red Robin (need to get his free burger!). I can't believe Garrett is the same age now as Jaxon was when we left Arizona. I forget sometimes how long it has been even though it feels like forever. Jaxon doesn't have memories of living in our Mesa home and Wesley & Garrett are 100% fun in the sun California boys.


No comments: