Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exciting News!

No, I am NOT pregnant, yet...not that we are trying. Why do I always feel the need to explain this?

Anyway, back to the exciting news...Johnny's NM interview score! Yeah!

Johnny scored an 89.25 at the New Mexico Lineman Apprentice interview. That is a very competitive score and a vast improvement from two weeks earlier at the Phoenix, AZ interview when he scored a 75. GO JOHNNY, GO GO GO!

What made the difference?
Monopole climbing with a friend: Free
Class A CDL: $350
Electrical Lineman AC/DC class & book: $500
One round trip flight to Albuquerque: $275
Becoming a Journeyman Lineman (including union benefits/pay, steady work, and a career Johnny loves): Priceless

What does the score mean? He will keep interviewing at the other locations (Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, etc.), but Albuquerque is our 2nd choice (behind Phoenix) so if he gets on there we will not be disappointed. We have heard once you have a competitive score a contract offer should come in 2-3 months. The program is only 3-4 years then Journeyman move where they want. Linemen are usually always in high demand.

This year has been rough...gosh that is an understatement, but we feel things are moving in the right direction thanks to the prayers and unending support of our family and friends. We love you guys!

6 comments:

Janelle said...

That is so AWESOME! I will be sad if you move away, but I know we will always keep in touch. You and your family are the BEST! You guys mean a lot to us :)

Sabrina Hulse said...

Way to go melody!! Your blog looks great. I am excited to hear about Johnnys score, it would be sad to see you guys move, i love when we get together, it is always fun to talk to you. But it sounds like things are turning around for you guys and thats great.

Crystal said...

If you do move, THEN after the 3-4 years you get to pick your own place, does that mean that you might come back here or around here somewhere???!!!!! I think you should. I know that journeymen get paid really well out here. Does he like the danger in it?

Heather said...

So, you get a blog and don't tell me about it? Good thing I was bored and started stalking!

Woohoo on Johnny's score! That is awesome! I feel like we don't talk at all anymore now that we quit walking. We need to hang out, a game night??

Therena Taylor & Family said...

hey I'm glad you started a blog! I miss seeing everyone from joyschool. Daniel is such a cutie, and I cannot believe how big your baby is already!! I'm excited to get to keep in touch this way- good luck with the job hunt!

Echo said...

I really need some help, seeing that you and your husband are experienced with the whole lineman business. I need a little insight. My husband is currently attending Northwest Lineman College. But after that what happens? I know it sounds silly, but I am not sure what I signed my kids and I up for. After school is it really going to take 2-3 months before he gets a job? And what is this score that you are talking about? what type of companies are good to work for when you have a young family waiting for you every night? Oh the stress. Really, I would really appreciate any insight. Please e-mail me at proud_mommy020305@yahoo.com Thanks!