I have been completely overwhelmed with love for my boys the last few days. Daniel is getting so much better at listening and following directions (as good as a 2 year old boy can be at following directions). Yesterday he said "you're the best mom" and then "you're a sweetheart". Of course this is just repeating what Johnny tells him to say, but he did it without Johnny even being around and without prompting this time. It was just so cute and innocent. Today I went swimming with him while Jaxon was taking a nap. One on one time is so wonderful. I can concentrate on just him. We actually have full conversations. I just love him so much.
Jaxon took his regular 3 hour nap (which is one of my favorite things ever) then was awake while Daniel slept. I had fun chasing him on my hands and knees and listening to him laugh hysterically. He would try to hide behind our rocking chairs. His little head would pop out as he tried to peek out. I would scare him then he would giggle. It was precious. He says "bye bye" and "go" (in addition to the regular mama and dada). He is such a joy in my life. Today Daniel turned into a big ball of goo screaming and crying in the car over wanting to wear PJs all day, sweet Jaxon reached out to him to hold his hand while he cried. He was showing compassion for his older brother. Absolute perfection!
My oldest little boy Johnny is the love of my life. Gosh that guy is a stud. I have not seen him for a few days due to work schedules, but man do I love him. He can be all stinky and sweaty and he still makes my heart pitter patter the way Patrick Swayze used to when I would watch Dirty Dancing. (Note to self: see if Johnny can dance like Patrick Swayze). Oops, did I really say that? The point is he is the reason our babies are so wonderful. He is a great father and husband.
Back to my point...I have just been bombarded with a huge feeling of love and appreciation for my boys this week. I love them more every day.
12 years ago


2 comments:
Aaaaah that is sooo sweet. I am so happy for you Melody, they are all so cute. I like how one of your boys looks exactly like you and one looks exactly like your husband.
I am glad you had a good day playing with your sweet boys. Remember they are also wonderful due to their fabulous mother! And of course Patrick, I mean Johnny.
Post a Comment