Friday, July 24, 2009

Living it up in LA

I had to make the drive from Hemet out to Santa Clarita to see my new doctor this past Tuesday. It was not bad considering my sister's house in LA is less than 45 minutes from Santa Clarita. I dropped the boys off with her, went to see my new doctor, then spent the evening with Johnny. We had to complete some paperwork for our trailer loan; so it all worked out perfectly.

It was so strange to spend an evening with Johnny. It was like an awkward first date. I found myself all giddy and shy around him a few times. It is nice to know he still gives me butterflies, but I really don't know what my problem was. I will blame pregnancy hormones. I will also blame the pregnancy hormones for my constant water works this week. It started when Johnny took me to the trailer park where we will be living until he is transferred to the next location. What can I say other than it is a camp ground. I guess it is different than what I was picturing in my head. I was at least thinking pavement, nope, this is dirt, just DIRT! It is embarrassing but I have added roll out grass to my shopping list. There is a really nice new playground and pool at the site surrounded by large grass areas, but all in all it is a camp ground. Ever since then I have been tearing up at random times for no reason at all. Mostly I think it is just because I am a little scared. Talking about living this way is different than actually doing it.

The next day, Wednesday, my little sister Diana and I took the boys to the LA Zoo.
The LA Zoo was better than I expected. At the Phoenix Zoo everything is bigger which means the animals are far away. They are probably happier in their large habitat but at the LA Zoo everything is smaller and the animals are so much closer. The Gorillas were right up next to the glass and the Giraffs could have sniffed my boys if they felt so inclined. They also have some cool animals that Phoenix doesn't, such as a Jaguar. I was having contractions about every 45 minutes at the Zoo, but they were nothing to worry about. It was just from all the walking.
Johnny made the drive to LA that night so I was spoiled and saw him twice this week. The boys LOVED playing with Johnny and petting my sister's chickens. Overall we are having a great time.

The next day due to Jaxon's fascination with dumping water I took a bad fall on my parent's purgo floor. While I was cleaning up the first water mess he emptied the entire gallon jug of water from the refrigerator on the kitchen floor. Jaxon and time out are becoming fast friends. My tail bone is sore but other than that the fall was not a big deal. That was until today when Daniel dove off a blow-up chair in the pool and kneed me on the lower portion of my sternum. Poor Wesley is having a rough week. I think my sternum is bruised.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh those boys and their naughty antics! Always keeping you on your toes...or tailbone. Ouch! Sorry for the rough go.

Keep your chin up Mel with the housing situation, you can do it! It may not be ideal but living without Johnny... so not ideal. This will be a small chapter in your grand life and things will be mcuh better once the grunt work is complete.

Crystal said...

Oh melody!!! Poor boys! Sounds like they need to run off some more steam! We need a playdate! I know how emotional moving and changes can be! Poor girl! At least it has a pool. :) and that your trailer is cool! What did johnny say to your tears?

Marilyn said...

Ouch! Keep that chin up cause it will only be for a little while. I know that you will make the best of it. We are thinking of you!

Janelle said...

I totally understand the tear fest. You have a lot of changes going on, but I do not have a good reason other than the fact I am due in 2 weeks and I wished the baby was here yesterday. You are a tough girl who always amazes me. You will look back at this time in your life and remember who you were and who youo became through these challenges. You are the best and we miss you and the boys A LOT!

Chelley said...

Oh man, you are such a brave girl and a good sport! It is all worth it and I wish you the best, esp with the new baby!!

AZ Larsens said...

I can sympathize with trying to survive pregnancy with 2 rowdy boys! It's a miracle Samuel arrived safely...lol Think of it this way, he's getting a preview of growing up with 2 older brothers!

Hulse said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great. Once again huge congrats to Jack on his awesome job.