Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tehachapi/Palmdale, CA

Johnny will be in the Palmdale/Tehachapi area. We don't know the exact location yet. I have been through there before. While driving with my family up north I remember driving next to miles of railroad tracks and windmills. While it technically is in the desert it is in more of a pass and valley. I remember lots of wind but that might just have been in the area we were driving through. My grandmother lives in Santa Clarita about 50 miles away. It is about 3 hours from Hemet where I will be with living with my parents and the boys until after little Wesley comes. We also are moving forward buying our new home...a 30 foot travel trailer. I want to be with Johnny and it seems that is the easiest way. Until then he will be working during the week and with me on the weekends.

Does it snow when it drops to around 30 degrees? I am looking forward to an average temperature below 100 degrees in the summer but I have not yet wrapped my mind around the idea of snow in the winter. I have never in my life lived in snow and I wouldn't mind keeping it that way!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been anxiously awaiting this post:)Wow! I guess thats better than the Oregon border 9 hours away! You are such an amazing person and I know you will adapt to all this change very well! I will miss you and your family so so much!

Heather said...

At least you have a job and a new place to call home for teh time being. Congrats! We miss you guys and are sad we didn't get to say a proper goodbye. Wish Johnny luck!