Wow, so much is happening so fast and it is all because I am so darn indecisive. It has been busy but we have been having a ton of fun. We have been to the beach every week since we have been here. First it was
Bolsa Chica in Huntington and then Manhattan Beach where my cousin has an apartment. My tan boys are getting very dark no matter how much sun block I use. We also swim in my parent's pool every day and I have finally convinced Daniel to get in with me without the Barbi life jacket. Progress! My mom told the boys not to pee in the pool or the jacuzzi so they have decided to pee just outside of it on the brick border. We are working on that!

This week I think we are going to skip the beach and go to Sea World. I want to take the boys before the new baby comes or I will not be up to taking them for quite some time. Nursing a baby at amusement parks is difficult. So, we will go before the baby comes.
We went to Johnny's mandatory lineman apprentice BBQ at an amazing park in Ontario, CA a week ago. The park was huge and we didn't know anyone so he asked me how I thought we could locate our group. I told him I assumed we needed to look for large trucks since most of these families live out of travel trailers and they would need something to pull it. At the very back of the park we found two HUGE rows of the "manliest" trucks you have ever seen and what seemed to me a scene from an Ultimate Fighting
Championship. These guys are ripped! The have to be they climb power poles and
steele towers for a living! Most have full sleeve
tattoos and designer clothes. I was very self
conscious but I found a really nice girl to talk to who has two kids and lives in a trailer. They have moved all over CA/NV for almost 4 years and she calmed a lot of my fears about what to expect from our proposed arrangements. At the end of the BBQ Johnny took the boys out on paddle boats at the lake. They loved the boats.

Staying at my parent's home has been relaxing. I feel like I am on constant vacation. But, one major issue I have been having is that it is NOT baby proof in any way. This picture was after
Jaxon pulled a discarded ink cartridge out of the garbage in the office. My mom has lost an expensive pair of reading glasses to
Jaxon's quick hands and thanks to Daniel there is now a Dr. Pepper stain on the floor of my mom's walk in closet the size of a small country.

One of the big highlights from last week was that my baby sister Diana came home Monday the 14
th. She has been living in Nepal and India (Southeast Asia for the people who are starring at the computer screen with a confused look on their face; think Himalayas) since last September. I missed her so! This is the first picture the three Percival girls have had together in a long time! She has lost a ton of weight, looks amazing, and talks funny!

Finally, what the heck are we planning on doing? Are we living apart? Where am I having this baby? This is where my
indecisiveness comes in. I found a doctor in
Redlands to take me and I was planning on delivering at the
Redlands Community Hospital. All was fine and dandy until I went to the first appointment and was not that impressed. Also by that time I had decided I am much too attached to Johnny to live apart from him until the middle of September after the baby is a few weeks old. He is working 6, 10 hour days which is great for over time pay but also means he would most likely not be here for the birth of little Wesley. I am not okay with that option. Daniel and
Jaxon are having more extreme behavior issues (sweet
Jaxon now calls everyone "Stupid head"; guess who taught him that one) and they really need daily contact with their daddy. So, I begged and pleaded with a doctor up there to take me and have found a hospital under 30 min away. Johnny located a trailer park that is very nice with a pool and two parks for the boys to play. Last weekend after the BBQ we bought a new 32 foot travel trailer that will work for our family and we pick it up this coming weekend. I have been frantically working on the loan, car and trailer registration, new
DLs, changing addresses, etc. so that we will be ready to move to
Palmdale by the first weekend in Aug. Until then I will make the 5 hour round trip drive to see my new doctor once a week. Now that I know I can't live without Johnny I am pushing for us to be together again ASAP. My sister in law Lydia lived without her husband Michael while he was in the Navy for 3-9 months at a time. I am a
wimp I know. Call my crazy but I am nuts for Johnny and can't stand being apart every week. I cry before he even leaves again (darn pregnancy hormones). So that is the plan. Make all the trailer park jokes you want just don't sing that annoying M&M trailer park girls song; it has been going through my head for days.
Okay, good night. This post is becoming very long winded.
6 comments:
I had no idea the stuff you are dealing with! Good luck to you all, you deserve it. And I could never stand to be away from my hubby either. He tooka job in Albuquerque last year and it was so hard on him as well as us, so good for you for fighting to keep your hubby with you and the kids. Good luck!!
You can do it Melody! I am glad you are surviving and about to start this crazy adventure. Good luck with all the preliminary details and I know it will all be worth it.
BTW, you look great and you and your sisters all have the same pretty smile. Enjoy that Cali weather for us, we are suffering in 115 degree heat. Blah!
Yay and update! Glad to hear things are going well!
I support your decision and am rooting for you! I am getting the bread today and will get it mailed today or tomorrow...take care
I think you made a wise decision to be with your hubby. Long distance relationships are so hard no matter how close you are as a couple. So great to read your posts and good luck with your new adventure!
Wow!Lots of changes since we last talked! I'm glad you will be able to be with Johnny:) We miss you guys so much, Ella says everyday how much she misses Daniel:( Good luck with the big move! Hope to talk to you soon! BTW....So jealous about Sea World, hope you had a great time!
Post a Comment