Friday, May 21, 2010

Eggs - NO GO!

Jaxon had eggs for the first time EVER last night. It was an accident. I made turkey burgers which I didn't intend for him to eat. I had made him a beef burger due to lack of enough of one or the other for everyone. Johnny didn't know I had added an egg to the turkey burger mixture in hopes of keeping them from falling apart on the grill. Jaxon had two bites before I caught the mix-up and corrected the situation. That was about 3 minutes before he violently emptied his stomach all over the floor. He was perfectly fine before and after. It has been a long time since he has had such a severe and sudden reaction. Just a little reminder for me that I can never be too careful with his food.

At this time we avoid wheat and gluten, corn (all forms), rice, eggs, dairy, honeydew & cantaloupe, and nuts. We were going to start food trials at Rady Children's Hospital but he showed reactions to everything on his last prick test.

1 comment:

Diana Mae said...

wow! thats intense! within 3 minutes?! ive been meaning to ask about Wesley and how he is doing with food! ohhh, we gave junu her first rice cereal last night thanks to her aunt melody sending us a box. she loves it! and, its super fun to feed her with a spoon and watch her spit it all out! ill post pictures! :)