Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jaxon Update

People have been asking recently how Jaxon has been doing. I forget to post about him because basically he is doing GREAT! We recently added apples back into his diet and he loves them. Apples don't sound like a big deal, but they are a BIG DEAL! Apples are in so many things. They are a cheap fruit so all juices, even 100% whatever juice has apple as the base. All fruit roll ups, dried fruit, fruit leather, etc. has apple as the base. Now that he is doing well with apple we have entered the world of prepackaged snacks! Yeah for convenience!
This picture was in January 2008, just before he was diagnosed. He was puking all the time and had a constant rash on his face and bottom.The poor boy was 13lbs at 7 months. He could not sustain himself through the night so we were awake with him multiple times per night. Look how far he has come. This is not the best picture but look at those chubby cheeks! This boy LOVES to eat! He weighs almost as much as Daniel and on Thanksgiving Day with a little help from some boots he will be tall enough to ride almost all of the rides at Disneyland!
We still avoid all corn, wheat, rice, dairy, eggs, and nuts, but other than that we are having great success treating Jaxon's EE through food exclusion without medication. He still drinks a little Vanilla Elecare (about 6-8 oz per day) but he is slowly weaning off that as well. We will try to introduce eggs next I think, just because he begs for them, and I hope that goes well.

I was told Wesley would have a 60% chance of having EE, but so far he is doing so well. He pukes if I overindulge in dairy products, but the blood test for the eosinophils in his system was normal. He is 10 weeks and the same weight Jaxon was at 7 months! He sleeps 8-10hours at a time at night. He nurses like a champ. Yeah for Wesley! Yeah for sleep at night! Yeah for food!

3 comments:

Darin and Jena Bailey said...

Way to go sweet boy!!

Hulse said...

You're definately a good mom to go through all that for such a long period--I don't think I could do that! Kudos to you!!

Marilyn said...

YEAH!! So glad to hear that all of your boys are doing well.