Yesterday I made Jaxon his very first corn bread (dairy, egg, wheat free of course). He was so excited to have corn bread to go with his chili. The problem? He started sneezing as soon as he started eating it. When I say sneezing I mean REALLY sneezing. We are talking around 15 times in a row for every piece. Enough that everyone at the table stopped eating and starred at him to see if he would ever stop. Of course since it was something new he wanted more. I made him eat some chili before he could have another piece and thought the sneezing was a fluke. Nope. As soon as he started eating another piece the sneezing started again. He was determined though and ate the corn bread through the sneezing. We were all starring because it was just so strange.
What could be more strange? Oh yes, it keeps getting better. He was sneezing so much and so hard he broke the blood vessels on each side of his nose. He woke up this morning looking like he was punched in the face while wearing sunglasses.

All day I was trying to figure out what could have done it. It must have been the cornbread. I started checking labels and the internet.

The only thing I have come up with is that the corn meal package doesn't specifically say gluten free. According to some websites it usually is not. Has anyone ever heard of this sneezing reaction before?
My dad always said "assuming makes an ass out of you and me!" Guess what I feel like? Yep.
1 comment:
Poor Jaxon and poor mama! I hope it was just a fluke! I know you feel rotten, but just remember that you had good intentions! :o)
Post a Comment