Saturday, May 28, 2011

What to do with Jaxon?

This past week with Jaxon has been a killer. Now that I am living in Hemet and Johnny is up in Bakersfield during the week it is really hard. With our boys, all three, I need backup! For some reason being away from Johnny is especially hard on Jaxon. He is a daddy's boy and still in the horrible threes. Two of the first three days he pooped in his pants and had other pee accidents....he has not done that in a long time. Then he was playing with Daniel in the jacuzzi (because the pool was still too cold) and hit his face on the brick edge cracking off half of one of his top incisors. It was so sad and I am sure extremely painful.
He was just having a very difficult week, but then he started wearing this super cute Raggedy Ann wig around the house. It was oh so adorable! He would even wear an Iron Man mask over it sometimes. So funny!

Sometimes he fights going to sleep when we are at my parent's house and will play in bed forever before finally giving in. One night I went outside to chat with my parent's while they were in the jacuzzi. We saw Jaxon come to the back door once, but I told him to get back in bed and usually he does. I went in to check on him and caught him sitting on his bed with his wig on and this...
Can you see the little finger marks? Yep, it used to be a stick of butter. An ENTIRE stick of butter that he stole from the refrigerator and sat on his bed eating in the dark. Anyone else thinking DESPERATE? He ate a huge dinner and could not have been hungry. I really think it is just that he wanted something he was not supposed to have. I was so mad that he stole it because he knows better than that, but more than mad I was worried that I did not know how he was going to react. My EE child who is almost 4 and has not had any form of dairy since he was 7 months old just ate a whole stick of butter. My first thought was Benadryl. I ran to get it but then heard a really terrible scream. He told me he was scared to get in his bed. Really his tummy was hurting because he starting vomiting butter and didn't stop until he was empty. I then gave him Benadryl and he fell right asleep. No other side effects. No rash, hives, continued vomiting, or trouble breathing. He woke up the next morning completely himself walking around in his little red pigtail wig.

Any other EE moms have trouble with their kids stealing food? This is a new area for us. Do I need to lock the fridge? He doesn't care anymore that something will make him sick or hurt his tummy. All he knows is that he wants it and will eat anything he can find. Even off the ground at the park or smashed in Wesley's car seat. It is not just food, it is rubber balls, popped balloon pieces, pencils, electrical tape scraps from Daniel's art projects, rocks, toys, etc., etc. etc. I know its not hunger. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I have not had that problem, but you scare me! It may just be behavioral (him feeling deprived of what everyone else gets) or it may be nutritional. Is it possible he is not getting enough vitamins, minerals, etc.?? There is that condition called Pica (I think) where people crave non-food items because of a nutritional deficiency. Just a thought.