Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our CHEAP So Cal days of FUN!

Recently we have found a lot of totally fun and cheap things to do. Last week we went to an Arabian Horse Show for preschool groups at Cal Poly Pomona. Too bad I left my camera in the car while we were at the show, but it was really cool and totally geared toward young kids. For $3 it was a great morning. After the show we saw all the foals and horses on the farm. From there we went to have a picnic at the pond on campus.
Get a load of this amazing little pond. There were probably a hundred turtles sunning themselves along the edge. Too bad their restful afternoon was interrupted when my children arrived and Wesley promptly kicked a group of them back into the water. Don't you love Daniel's reaction?
In a very sadistic turn of events Daniel & Jaxon separated a pair of tiny new ducklings from their mother and almost stepped on one. They made it back to the water and cried for their mama before she came to their rescue. We have hence had a discussion about how to treat babies of all kinds! Jaxon also discovered that the fish in this particular pond love Veggie Straws and fed them almost half a bag before I cut off his supply!

Then today we went to Sea World with a different group and were able to get our whole family in for only $17.25 (total, not each!). Johnny was able to join us along with a few other of my friends. We didn't even have to pay for parking. Add the that the perfect weather and we were lovin' it!
Of course my boys loved all the shows, especially Shamu Believe. Jaxon said his favorite parts were the rides in the Seasame Street Bay of Play and both boys LOVED the Atlantis ride. Yeah Jaxon has finally reached 42"! Wesley loved running from place to place with Daddy chasing him while I pushed an empty stroller! I never let Wes out to run while I am on my own with all 3 so this was a special treat for him and wore him out. By the last show he was completely and totally DONE!
On the way home Johnny really wanted Cafe Rio salad bowls! I protested that it was too expensive, but we ended up there anyway. Lucky Johnny didn't listen to me! It was FREE salad night since this is the first location to open in this area and they are promoting! We all had a salad, even Jaxon had his own version for FREE! Next Wednesday is free enchilada night there. Can you guess where we will be?

Yeah for FREE and yeah for CHEAP! We had so much fun!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Please tell me how you scored sea world? We are going there (maybe) in a few weeks.

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a blast. I am sorry I missed it. But I really think I would have died. My stinkin leg!