We know we are loved because so many people ask us when we are leaving...wait, that didn't sound right! We know we are loved because so many people are concerned for our future.
Johnny spoke with the lineman union this week and found out that he has moved from the #3 spot to the #2 spot on the waiting list. What does that mean? Same as before! We could get the call any time in the next week or month or year. When the time comes we will only have one week (or less) notice. They will call when the work picks up, which is expected in the near future.
Pray! That is what we are doing. We are praying that we will get the call soon because all this waiting and not knowing is killing my sanity. I don't like being in limbo. A few good things have come from waiting. We have decided that we are going to try living in a trailer (yes that is what I said, a travel trailer) so that the boys and I can be with Johnny no matter where he moves. Otherwise we would only see him once a week or maybe once a month depending on the job. It would be like choosing to be a single mother. Our kids are not in school yet, so if we move with him we will have each other and save a ton of cash (a ton of cash would be a good thing). I think it will force us to be a super close family too. Close in a lot of ways: physically close with the limited space in a travel trailer (we will step on each other's toes, but there would be less to clean), but also emotionally and spiritually close because all we would have is our faith in Jesus Christ, His plan for us, and each other. I might go crazy but I just might absolutely love it. I think I am willing to take the risk. Now we just need the call, a signed contract...and a travel trailer. I am thinking 25-30 feet with a slide out and maybe bunk beds in the back. Of course it would have to be under 6K pounds loaded so we can pull it with the Expedition. Wishful thinking...
12 years ago


1 comment:
Pretty great news about the #2 spot! We will be praying for you guys and kudos to you about the travel trailer, you are a greater woman than I, especially with two boys!
Post a Comment