Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Perfect Days...

This past week was just amazing. Johnny doesn't have work on Tuesdays so Sunday and Tuesday are my favorite days of the week. Tuesday this week we worked out at the gym, went to the Family Fun van at the park. Ate lunch at the park and played on the toys. Then both boys took excellent naps AT THE SAME TIME which means I took a nap too, with Johnny by my side. He is like a furnace and kept me all warm and snugly. I love Johnny keeping me all warm and snugly! It was perfect. My boys, all three of them were wonderful on Tuesday. That night we had dinner and games with some friends. It was a perfect end to a perfect day.

On Wednesday we went to the zoo. Again, the boys were wonderful. Daniel didn't run off and he didn't have any potty accidents while we were there. Did you know they have the most WONDERFUL family bathroom behind the carousel at the Phoenix zoo? If you are ever there you HAVE TO check it out! We saw lots of animals. They all seemed to want to put on a show, the elephant and giraffe even walked right over to where we were. We saw the stingrays, fed the ducks, watched the baby orangutan put a sheet over his grandma's head and sucker punch her, fed crackers to a stray peacock, and saw two 100 year old tortoise mate. Yep MATE! About two feet from my babies they started making some of their own. Daniel kept saying "Hes hurting it" whenever the tortoise would grunt. Have you ever heard a tortoise grunt? Not something you easily forget let me tell ya! Jaxon had a blast with the animals on the farm. The goats in the petting zoo were just his size. He ran from goat to goat squealing with glee. The only two scares I had in the petting zoo were when Daniel goosed a large goat under his tail with a petting zoo brush and when Jaxon slid in a muddy goat pee filled bog. It was lovely. I smelled of goats the remainder of the day and so did he. My amazing sister-in-law Sabrina is always a wonderful zoo companion and we were able to eat our sack lunches together in the shade while the kids climbed all over the tractors. Perfect. That is the only work for it. (Sorry no pictures...my camera batteries were not cooperating). When we got home my boys once again took glorious naps AT THE SAME TIME which means I got a nap too! Yeah me!

One Thursday we love the free Carousel rides at the mall. Daniel picks a different animal every time and it is never the one I expect it to be. Since the weather was absolutely perfect we packed our lunch for the 3rd day in a row and ate next to the fountain at the mall. I met a very nice elderly man who I see frequently with his grand daughter. They attend all the same free kids events we seem to attend. He and his grand daughter are so cute. Daniel and Jaxon love to stick their feet in the fountain there at the mall. I hurry and rush them up to the fountain and we make as many footprints as we can before the security guard can kindly remind us that sticking our feet in the fountain is not allowed. Am I teaching my sons to undermine authority at this young age?

Once again. Perfection. This week really was heavenly the majority of the time. Despite the missing glue stick Daniel seems to have absconded and the pink chalk covering my garage door I think my boys and I have found a nice rhythm.

This past week I was able to enjoy some truly joyful moments with my children. I realized that this (right here and now) is what being a mother is all about.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I totally know what you mean. I wish I could have gone to the zoo with you guys--Next time!

Ashley said...

Glad you had a perfect week:)Your boys looked so cute for Halloween! We need to get together soon!

Crystal said...

AMEN!!!

Hulse said...

yes, motherhood is the greatest! I think I now know why Kathy always wanted a baby around!