Saturday, August 8, 2009

One week down

We have lived in our new "home" for one week now and I actually like it. Really! There is less to clean, I don't feel claustrophobic like I thought I would, and there is a lot to do around this area.

My big accomplishments:
1. Learning to take short enough showers to finish before the hot water runs out.
2. The first few days I was setting off the fire alarm at least 2-3 times per day. I am now down to once a day if at all.
3. I can wash 4 loads at once in the laundry room. There is a ramp that the boys like to run up and down while I work and a cabinet where Daniel likes to stick Jaxon. Overall not as torturous as I thought.
4. I figured out how to put out the trailer awning all by myself. It only took 3 tries and about an hour overall, but so far so good.
5. I found the local parks and recreation department and am enrolling Daniel in T-ball as well as a preschool with a lady in my ward.

Thursday night we went to a huge fair in downtown where they had crafts for the kids as well as a bouncer. Johnny LOVED all the food from the street vendors.
Daniel and Jaxon did a flower run (cake walk). Daniel and Jaxon did it together. Jaxon was running for his life and had a huge smile on his face the whole time. Daniel on the other hand was crying that Jaxon was not running fast enough and wouldn't hold his hand. It was hilarious. I am just glad they were not run over by the bigger kids. On the way out we stopped by a space museum and the boys sat in the space pod.
We also we went out to dinner with my parents and grandmother one night and my sister and my grandmother another night. I enjoy living close enough to see my family frequently. Tomorrow is a BBQ at my sister's home in LA.

The other day we were driving on the freeway and Johnny pointed out the tower they are currently building. You can see it in the distance in the following picture. They are working where the crane is to the left. Their crew usually builds 1 1/2 to 2 towers per week (working 6/10s). I see the guys climbing all over the steel as I run errands in Palmdale. At first it kind of freaked me out knowing he was up there like a monkey. He just laughs and tells me how far he was hanging out, but I know he has safety straps on and I guess I am getting used to it. He really works hard and I am so proud of him.
My main concern now is how will he get from way up there to me, and then with me to the hospital when it is time for the baby to come? I hope this will be my 3rd midnight delivery. I want him home with me when I go into labor so I don't have to worry about him trying to make it down a mountain to take me to the hospital.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

awesome!! it looks like you guys are having a great time. I am so happy for you!! How is little wesley doing? Johnny looks really happy! :) Keep it up!

Sabrina Hulse said...

Melody, so I am finally getting my act togther and am realizing that you and Lydia have blogs. I know I am a dumbo, but I am so glad I found yours because I was wondering how you guys were doing. You are so amazing and so positive about everything. I know it will probably be hard adjusting to the trailer but I am still so happy for you guys that Johnny is finally in a stable job and a good one too. I am also excited for you that you are close to family, I love being close to mine and dont know what I would do if I wasnt. Well glad to hear that you guys are doing well. Good luck with the baby and let us know when he comes.