Here are a few little things I have learned in my one whole day of trailer life...
1. 2.5 gallons of hot water does not last long enough for me to shave my legs.
2. Everything must be picked up constantly or we will be walking on top of each other.
3. I have to start saving my quarters for laundry day.
4. Read the instructions before trying to light the oven pilot light or the trailer will smell like propane and everyone will become light headed.
5. I will have to grocery shop almost every other day to accommodate our tiny refrigerator.
Today we had our first day in the Agua Dulce ward. The church is the same no matter where you go! We were VERY warmly welcomed. A ward this small is super excited to have new people move in. When I say small I mean Jaxon was one of 4 kids in nursery and Johnny was one of 7 in Elders Quorum. There were maybe 15-20 women in RS. We are definitely not in Mesa anymore! Sacrament meeting was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My kids were by far the loudest and we were sitting behind a family of 7 children all age 7 and under! The Bishop called us in to his office with the RS Pres., the Elders Quorum Pres., and the ward clerk to make sure we will be well taken care of especially when the new baby comes. I have already been invited to a baby shower, enrichment, a feed the poor activity, and the Elders Quorum activity at McDonalds on Sat. morning.
Tomorrow we go exploring to find some fun activities for the boys such as parks and malls. I also need to find grocery stores. Finding food for Jaxon has been difficult so far, but I was told about a few places I am going to try and locate. Thank you Jena for the shipment of Gluten free spelt bread. You are a life saver! Since we are right in the middle of Santa Clarita and Palmdale/Lancaster I have options in both directions. This should be the first of many adventures.


6 comments:
Yay!!! Melody I am soooo glad that the ward is awesome and that everything seems to be working out. See you have help everywhere! :) Just wait you will be in callings in no time! haha At least for a little while. How many kids are in primary? What do people do out there in the middle of nowhere for work? Other than journeyman stuff? I miss you!!! I hope you come visit soon! I am excited to see Wesley! I love you! Pray for us! Take care!!! Talk to you soon!
Congrats on the big move. If I know you, everything is very well oragnized and not a detail was missed. I love that about you. I'm sure your family appreciates it too! You are an awesome mama- so many sacrifices for your precious little family :) Good luck and we'll stay tuned!
Melody you are amazing! I think that pretty much sums it up!
So glad you can be with Johnny now! Glad you will be somewhat settled when little Wesley arrives! I can't believe how small your ward is, that's crazy! Miss you guys! Hope to talk to you soon!
wow! your life has completely turned upside down!!! With all the change and your busy to-do lists it should definitely make your 3 weeks of pregnancy wiz by!!
Hopefully you found some fun stuff to do and more importantly a place to find food for Jaxon. I wish I could have talked to you longer this morning. I am glad that I am able to call you and talk. It must be so great to be with Johnny again. You even saw his team while driving and running errands.
Post a Comment