People keep asking for pictures of the inside of the trailer. Here you go...
Master bedroom. We took out the mattress that came with the trailer and used the larger one from our guest room. It is longer and makes walking around the bed difficult but totally worth it! Yes, there are doors that roll shut for privacy! We also could not live without our most beloved recliner, so we made sure to buy a trailer that could accommodate this requirement.

The boy's bunks! They love them and I love that the toy bucket as well as 2 baskets of laundry can fit under the bottom bunk! Yes, the only door to their room is a curtain, but we have had no issues with not having a solid door. They sleep better here than in their room at our house in Mesa and at my parent's house.
The bunks fold up and are removable on this model so on one side we have the boys and on the other we have room for baby Wesley. We also have room for extra storage.
The living room and dining room (aka guest beds). If you notice in the background the people that live next to us have a full lawn, garden, rose bushes, etc. They have been here for over 4 years and I guess are grandfathered in because they never have to leave. I woke up the other morning to him mowing his lawn it was very strange for a camp ground. I don't want to take any other pictures of their set-up because I will feel like I am on that movie The Burbs with Tom Hanks.
Then there is the kitchen with a mini oven, refrigerator, and microwave. The oven in really tiny so I have to bake in very small pans, but that means I make less at once so I don't have left overs to put in the refrigerator because they really just would not fit. We keep a 5 gallon water jug with ice outside because the freezer is too small to fit anything more than the essentials. It is small but there is a lot of storage and a roll out garbage can which was also on my list of requirements when we were looking.
Last the bathroom. I already posted a picture of the shower/tub but as you can tell the sink is not in the bathroom it is in the hallway, which I actually like better for washing the boy's hands and face after meals. We recently added a star chore chart to the wall so the boys can earn a trip to Chuck e' Cheese. Daniel has been begging to go for a long time now. It is actually working well getting him to be nicer to Jaxon and listen. He is also doing better controlling his naughty words! Yeah!
The weather here is beautiful and most nights Johnny and I just sit in our camping chairs on the fake grass and talk. So different than when I was working! I play with the boys when they crawl in bed with me every morning and I am not rushed to get them down for naps. We sit and read and sing songs. It is nice. We swim almost every day at the pool here. Jaxon is even darker than he was in Mesa. I feel like I am on vacation because I am living the way other people vacation. Most people we meet here are actually not from CA and just happen to be camping here for the weekend while they are traveling. It is a funny lifestyle to live this way.
People ask me how I stand it and really I have not thought about it that way at all. I really like it. I like being relaxed and enjoying my time with the boys. Just yesterday I sat outside for hours watching them play in the sand and dirt. They were galloping around trees like horses making noises that can only be described as a dying squirrel. So cute. I think they like it better here than when we were living in Mesa and I had to work, just because I get to be a mom again. We miss our friends and neighbors a ton, but for our family this really is a good thing!


3 comments:
I think your new home is lovely and am amazed at your resourcefulness and adaptation. Truly remarkable how you can live with just what you need when you have to! No Wesley yet...
What a cute little place you have there! Thanks for posting pictures, now I have a visual:)Hopefully, your next post is pictures of little Wesley!:):)Miss ya!
The trailer looks great. Congrats on the new baby boy. I am sad I wont get to see him for awhile. You better post pics soon. Cant wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment