After naps we left Wesley with my sister Diana (nice trade off) to take Jaxon & Daniel ice skating for the first time. Since we had a gift certificate it was only $14 for all of us.
I was a little worried about Jaxon at first since he is still very young to skate, but after a little reassurance he enjoyed being hauled around the ice by the arms with his little belly hanging out.
Daniel is naturally more daring than Jaxon and it didn't take him long to move around the outside wall then let go and start skating between a few cones. By the end of open skate time he was asking for Hockey pads and a stick.
Surprisingly my boys were not the youngest on the ice. One little girl in an adorable little skirt looked barely two and spent most of the time crying during her skating lesson.
Neither Johnny or I had been ice skating in at least 12 years. It was fun, but I spent more time on the wall than either of the boys. I was very glad I never fell (which I was very scared about due to being 21 weeks prego). Johnny ended up with a bloody hand and a sore shoulder from one of the many times he got a little too daring.


No comments:
Post a Comment