At first it was great. We went on vacation and we visit as many Children Museums and Science Centers as we can. Since we have been back in Ontario we have tackled an impressive "TO DO" list. I have been checking things off like crazy and exercising regularly. But, I have noticed some changes in Johnny that I can only account for by concluding they are side effects of being a stay at home dad.
1. He watches Pride and Prejudice almost every night (rotating both versions) and really thinks Mr. Darcy is "so cool." Johnny is impressed with Darcy's side burns. At first he put it on for my benefit, but we have passed that point now. He now has been caught saying things like "is that objectionable to you?" or "may I have the pleasure?".
2. The other day he informed me he "just needed to get out of these pants." I laughed because I have said that too many times.
3. Today we went to the Discovery Science Center. He asked me if we needed to bring extra clothes for the boys and I told him I had them in the diaper bag. When Jaxon had an accident Johnny was not happy with my choice of emergency pants. Then he commented on us being the only people using baby spoons to eat our yogurt for lunch.
4. This morning he asked me "didn't I just wash all these clothes? How do the baskets get full this fast?"
This afternoon I heard him telling another lineman friend on the phone that going to work was easier than being at home with the kids. I just have to laugh. I feel so very appreciated lately and I love having him with me all the time, but for his sake he needs to go back to work soon or he may go mad. Luckily we are now #7 on the union list and should get a call any time. Yeah!


2 comments:
That was a laugh out loud post!! Thanks for making my morning :) If anybody could be a stay-at-home dad, it'd be Johnny!! And yay for you, soak it up momma...miss ya!
haha! I'm cracking up imagining Johnny quoting P&P. So which version does he like better? (and it better be the long made-for-TV one...it was 1000 times better)
Post a Comment