Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mountain of Oranges

Johnny has found a new fetish to occupy some of his time. He likes to take the boys on walks or bike rides and give me time to make dinner or clean. It is a great arrangement for all of us and of course the boys love going. Johnny even rigs the wagon so he can pull Wesley in it while riding his bike.

I started noticing that we have been eating tons of oranges that I have not been buying. Not just regular oranges. These are some of the best you have ever had in your life! I didn't know where they were coming from, but without fail at every meal there were orange slices. Oranges for snacks, orange juice in the morning, and Johnny has been having a grapefruit every night before bed. Where could they possibly be coming from? When we went to Arizona we juiced two huge pitchers full of orange juice at his mom's house and I thought that was the end of it. I checked everywhere I could think and confirmed there were no more oranges, but the flow never ended.

Today I changed the sheets on Daniel's bed and was almost berried in a falling mountain of oranges! Apparently when they go on their walks and bike rides they pass many citrus trees in the mobile home park. Johnny was given permission to take as many as he wants and he is bound and determined to make the owners regret giving their blessing. There was a huge basket of oranges on Daniel's bed that I had believed to be Daniel's secret stash of toys he does not want his brothers to touch. Oh no, it is all oranges and grapefruit. The basket is constantly replenished!

Now all I need is to invest in a juicer!

No comments: