A few weeks ago we were in LA for a girls night out with my sisters and to have dinner with my cousins family from Utah. Johnny had school and I was a little nervous to wrangle my boys at my sister's house since they are never as good there as they are at home. But, they actually did very well. My cousin Lisle has three boys and a girl. Her 12 year-old Jo became Daniel and Jaxon's best friend because he taught them how to play a new game. Each one was armed with various trash can lids, broom sticks, rackets, and paint mixers. Then they scored points for being able to tap one another on the legs. Jo was victorious, but really I think I was the winner. Seeing my boys play this type of game, have fun, and not beat each other up was wonderful. I learned to relax a little and just let them be boys. My cousin allayed many of my fears and assured me it will get easier as they get a little older. What a relief!
All in all the night was very pleasant despite a few mild tantrums and one of my boys shutting off the main water to the back yard (which we only just figured out and resolved last week).


No comments:
Post a Comment