Tonight I decided I really wanted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I didn't just want the cookies, I wanted some dough. Really bad, I know! Since I am prego and couldn't eat raw dough without feeling guilty, and because I didn't want to leave Jaxon out I made some we could both have.
The recipe I used as my guide is from www.livingwithout.com. I did use GF oats and I changed the flour a little. Instead of the 1 3/4 cups GF flour blend suggested I used 1/2 cup coconut flour which is supposed to be very high in protein and fiber, but low in carbs. Plus Jaxon loves coconut. I also used 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill GF flour mix and 1/2 cup GF oat flour. To top it off I added 1/4 cup sweet sorghum flour. Everything else I kept the same. Except the eggs of course which I replaced with flax gel.
Cooking in this crazy way is getting easier and we all enjoyed the outcome. We have started letting Jaxon have limited items with corn starch such as GF pretzels and a few mini marshmallows every now and then. So far no reactions. He still has no egg, rice, dairy, gluten/wheat, nuts or fish (even though he has had salmon once and did perfectly well). According to the doctor he is now in the 90th percentile for his weight at this age and I was told to cut back on what he is eating. I almost laughed in the pediatrician's face. The poor kid eats salad all the time along with other veggies, fruit, and lean meats. For a child with EE he is thriving and we feel very blessed that he is.


2 comments:
Jaxon is doing amazing because of his dedicated mommy! Good job!
Those look so yummy! I wish I could make those for Ava but--you know- she has to have substitutes for the substitutes! I did make her heart sugar cookies for Valentine's that turned out awesome though. They actually almost tasted better than the regular sugar cookies I made. Funny how we get so excited over a batch of cookies huh?
Post a Comment